Re: getting a DMA expansion drive going for PB backup

Subject: Re: getting a DMA expansion drive going for PB backup
From: Black (cpa@ece.cmu.edu)
Date: Tue Jun 26 2001 - 21:25:25 MDT

I am running YDL in an expansion bay HD on my Wallstreet powerbook. I was
able to put my drive in the left side, so I could do a CD install,
however, I installed CS 1.2.1 from the hard drive the way you are talking
about. If my install is anything to go by, your expansion bay HD isn't at
ide*. My drive is actually hde*. I have an hfs partition on that disk that
is /dev/hde7 (plus the other special Apple partitions 1-6). My linux
partion is installed on hde8-11.

Good Luck,
Christopher