Re: MacOS X 10.1

Subject: Re: MacOS X 10.1
From: Donn Tarris (donntarris@telus.net)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 12:25:39 MST

On Friday, November 9, 2001, at 06:09 AM, Parker, Wayne R, PR wrote:

> You just brought up a major reason I, and I'm sure many others, use
> YDL: we
> have Macs that *can't* run OS X.

I'll put my vote on this one as well. Although it runs a bit slow on my
601/120 PowerCurve, YDL 2.1 is up and running. When I put a G3 card in
it I'm expecting that it will perform as well as OS X 10.0.4 does now on
one of my other G3 upgraded Macs.

I'm mainly interested in YDL/linux for these reasons:

1. It runs on my older Macs
2. It has what I need for server operation
3. GIMP is fantastic, especially at the price compared to PhotoShop.
Some of its filters are very cool. And the file save formats include the
common ones so you can go back and forth between it and PhotoShop if you
want to expand the toolkit on your image work.

Donn