Re: Better than YDL and OSX

Subject: Re: Better than YDL and OSX
From: Timothy A. Seufert (tas@mindspring.com)
Date: Sun Oct 28 2001 - 11:43:44 MST

At 10:41 AM -0700 10/28/01, Brian L. Friesen wrote:
>Steve;
>
>Thanks for your note. Actually, I didn't even read most of the replies I
>received. I figured I would be flamed plenty.

That would be because you came off as a freaking whiner. "Waah, YDL
didn't meet the unrealistic expectations I invented for it, screw you
guys, I'm going home!"

It doesn't help your case that this whining came attached to an
all-too-typical luser plea for somebody else to do work for you.
Show at least a LITTLE incentive; it's not THAT difficult to figure
out how to remove yourself from a mailing list, especially if you
were smart enough to archive the first message you got from the list
server...

>I just have reached the end
>of my patience. I have worked with enough engineers to know that they think
>everyone is stupid if you don't want to read endless books and dream in code.

Turn that on its head and think about how you are presenting
yourself. YOUR attitude here seems to be "Damn that nasty cabal of
Engineers; they are keeping Linux too hard for me!".

And yes, I am an engineer. I don't think you are stupid if you don't
want to live in my world. But I reserve the right to think you
stupid if you want to use software that requires living a little in
my world but expect it to be a cakewalk for no obvious reason.

--
Tim Seufert